Monday, April 6, 2009

Unit 3 Exploration
The main thing that I wanted to learn more about and do more extensive library research on was go into more detail about the bad effects of illegal drugs. But I came across some obstacles that made it hard for me to defend my topic that actually changed my view on the drug Marijuana.
The main question I came up with was what exactly is bad about illegal drugs other than the high they give. Everyone knows that drugs give some kind of high or what not but I wanted to know why they became illegal, because most of the illegal drugs that I want to study like Marijuana, Cocaine, Heroin, and Meth have at one time been used medically over a hundred years ago.
The next question I thought about after deciding my topic is how can I explain this topic in a researchable way and make it flow. That I think is going to be the hard part for me because until I get back this paper I’m not going to really know if what I have done is even worth anything, because it really helps me when other people tell me what they think about my writing, and make suggestions.
The last question I thought about was what are some interesting things or twist; you could say that I could put in to my paper that would make it more appealing. I was thinking like maybe scary or horror stories about drug abuser; Like what types of horrible things that recovering addicts went through while on the drug. I met a recovering Meth addict and she went through some crazy events in her life, but is now on the right track. She goes from high school to high school and explains to kids how bad drugs are and describes her story to others. I want to add stories like that with every drug I want to talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment